The International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation has extended the application deadline for the 2017 International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation Travel Fellowships.
In an effort to enhance the educational experiences of college students and strengthen the leaders of tomorrow’s livestock and meat industries, the International Stockmen’s Educational Foundation (ISEF) awards International Livestock Congress travel fellowships annually to senior-level undergraduates and graduate students currently enrolled in accredited colleges or universities.
The International Livestock Congress USA, managed through a partnership of the ISEF and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™, is a unique global event that brings leaders from the livestock and meat industries together to discuss issues of international importance that affect the future of animal agriculture. Students will participate in the event March 8 – 9, 2017 in Houston, Texas. The theme of the 2017 ILC will be Balancing Livestock and Water Use for Sustainable Nutrition. Some of the topics to be covered are listed below.
- Water and Economic Prosperity
- Livestock Demand and Efficiency of Water Usage
- Effects of Malnutrition and Stunting in Infants on their Health, Cognitive Development and Lifetime Productivity
- Livestock and Water: Water, Water Everywhere or Nowhere
- A Multi-Stakeholder Initiative Driving Toward Sustainable Solutions
- Importance of Improving Animal Source Food Production: Nutrition in the Developmental Health of Children and Pregnant and Lactating Women
Information regarding the 2017 International Livestock Congress may be found at http://www.theisef.com/.